- J V Training: Julia can help with your new adoption, a previous adoption, or answer questions about your greyhound in general. Julia has been working with Needle-Nose Greyhound Adoption for a number of years, currently providing on-call training and assessment for new adoptees. More information can be found on her website and flyer.
Meet up with various greyhound adoption groups, enjoy some BBQ, and support retired racing greyhounds. There will be an off-leash play area for greyhounds, and the first 25 families to sign up will receive a free goodie bag. Click here to view the flyer. The details are as follows:
Date: June 7th, 2015 (Sunday)
Time: 11:00am – 3:00pm
Masters N Hounds
2517 Fischer Hallman Road
Ayr, Ontario N0B 1E0
Note: For GPS directions, please use Kitchener, not Ayr.
(This event is formerly knows as the Annual Greyhound BBQ and Fundraiser, organized by the Greyhound Trust & Alliance.)
Our annual Greyhound Picnic for 2014 was held on Sunday, September 7 on Mountsberg Road, another perfect sunny day. With plenty of greyhounds, a BBQ, and a host of prizes to be won, it was a great sucess. Our Needle-Nose t-shirts, sweatshirts and caps were available for purchase as well as orders for our 2015 calendar. For those of you who managed to attend, thank you. A number of raffle and door prizes were awarded, and excellent vendors were on hand to tempt the pocketbook.
Photos of the event can be found here!
- Wily, willful and absolutely wonderful Welly
- In Memoriam
- Raw or kibble? For some people it’s a no-brainer
- Eau de Skunk not quite the fragrance of choice for Bowser?
- Needle-News Nips
- Steps to staving off the dreaded heartworm
- Off-leash parks? Some points to ponder….
- Brave, Sweet Eddie has a Fondness for Bottles, Cans and Trinkets
- Needle-Nose Hounds Bring Dimension to Book Signing
- Where your Greyhound can stretch those l o n g g g legs!
- In Memoriam
- Anatomy of a Greyhound
- Common Type of Worms that Might Live in a Hound’s Intestines
- Needle-News Nips
Meet up with various greyhound adoption groups, enjoy some BBQ, and support retired racing greyhounds! There will be an off-leash play area for greyhounds, and the first 25 families to sign up will receive a free goodie bag. Click here for more information. The details are as follows:
DATE: Sunday, June 2, 11:00am to 3:00pm
LOCATION: The Dogwood Centre
ADDRESS: 4424 Victoria Road South, Puslinch, Ontario
October 23, 2011
By popular demand, Liz & The House of Earl decided to bring back the Annual Spaghetti Dinner with the GT&A (Greyhound Trust & Alliance). The event included raffle prizes and a delicious dinner of spaghetti (meat and vegetarian), lasagne (also meat and vegetarian), Caesar salad, dinner rolls, fruit salad, and assorted deserts. Half the proceeds were shared between eligible greyhound adoption groups (including Needle-Nose!), with the other half supporting the work of GT&A. Thanks so much to all of those who took part!
- Greyhound Nutrition: Feeding your retired racing greyhound a nutritious diet.
- PetMax: A great pet store on Hamilton Mountain that offers a huge selection of food, toys, and other pet supplies. They also have full-service, on-site grooming.
- Global Pet Foods: Pet store chain in the GTA and beyond with a wide variety of high-quality kibble and raw food, plus treats, toys, and grooming supplies. Continue reading Nutrition
Our annual Greyhound Picnic for 2011 was held on Sunday, September 11 on Mountsberg Road. With live music, plenty of greyhounds, a potluck and BBQ, and a host of prizes to be won, it was a great event. For those of you who managed to attend, thank you. You made the day another success! A number of raffle and door prizes were awarded, and excellent vendors were on hand to tempt the pocketbook.
Check out the photos here!